If you went out in 1986 with some Wham! on your Walkman, looking for the finest motorhome money could buy, this is what you would have come home driving. Owner John, who spent his 20s tinkering with VWs was blown away when he found this airstream and lovingly restored it, keeping the original character while adding a few modern touches and positioning it perfectly to make the most of this beautiful part of Devon. Hobs and a microwave have been added to the kitchen and DVD player to the retro feel of the dining area, sofas and leather chair in the cab. Outside there’s a private hot shower and laundry room, a fire pit, a picnic bench and a little crow’s nest deck, where you can sit with morning coffee and look out over the hills or lie back and do some spectacular stargazing.
The Led Zeppelin has settled in a secluded field adjacent our cottage. There are livestock around, so keep an eye on the dogs if you have them, but you won’t see anybody else unless you’re out for the day. Even some of the many local hikes are fairly deserted, although the popular Tarka Trail is also nearby and makes for some great casual cycling. You could drop into Bude and other beaches along the coast for surfing and sunbathing, walk to some great pubs or explore the area’s diverse history and culture, from the underground passages of Exeter to the alpacas of Lydford Gorge. When you get back to The Led Zeppelin, crack open a bottle of something and settle in to watch and listen for bats and owls hunting in the dusk.
The important stuff
- Check in: 3 pm
- Check out: 10 am
- Please note, dogs are very much welcome at The Led Zeppelin but please bring the dogs bed, blankets, food and water bowl with you as this isn’t provided. There’s also livestock in the local fields so please be cautious
- Initial amount of firewood is provided. Extra can be purchased at £10 per wheelbarrow
- Mobile phone signal
- One double bed
- One double sofa bed
Extra space available
- Space for 2 babies no charge. Please bring your own equipment and bedding.
- Space for 3 pets from £20 per pet per stay Please bring your own equipment and bedding
- Space for 8 adults to camp from £15 per adult per night. Please bring your own tents and bedding.
- Electric hob
- Fridge freezer
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Shower block and flushing toilet located next to the airstream
Heating, lighting & bedding
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Electric heating
- Electric lighting
- Plug sockets
- Board games
- Darts board